What to Expect
Need to Know:
Each Service staff and volunteers work hard to create a safe and meaningful class experience for your children. Here are a few things you need to know to help us make your experience GREAT.
• Doors for each classroom will open 20 minutes before each service. Teachers will be prepared to check your children into their classrooms.
• Please complete the check in procedures as the security check-in person instructs (for more details please read Check in Procedures).
• It's important to inform the teachers of any allergies, health concerns, security alerts, or any special needs your child may have.
• Service times with Kid's Zone
Check In/ Safety Procedures:
In order to provide the safest environment for your children while in our care, we follow a check-in process.
• There must be two volunteers present in the classroom before teachers can begin to check in your children.
• When you bring your children to class, they will receive numbered security tags, which will be put onto their shirts and any belongings they may have with them. You will receive tags with matching numbers. You must have these security tags in order to pick up your children! This is to ensure that no one picks them up without your permission. In the event we need to contact you during the service, you will also be given a pager that will have a corresponding number on the security tag as well. If we need you for any reason we will page you.
• For safety and stability reasons, we ask that parents check in their children at the door/check-in stations, instead of going into the classrooms.
• All our volunteers go through a detailed screening process and criminal background check to ensure that they are safe to be with your children.
• Volunteers are never allowed in the bathrooms alone with children. They will assist them with clothing (as needed) outside the door. For hand washing we have "kid proof" sinks at their level inside the bathroom for easy access without an adult present.
• Kid's Zone volunteers and staff do change diapers for children under 3 years old. If a parent requests to not have a volunteer or staff member change their child's diaper we will page the parent in the case that a changing is necessary.
• Kid's Zone has video cameras that record all classroom activity. Staff reviews the tapes every week to ensure a safe classroom for all children. If you would like to see the camera monitor it is at the front counter and you are always welcome to peek!
Registration at Kid's Zone
Kid's Zone Registration Form
If you choose to make East Hill your church family permanently or if it already is, please feel free to print the Registration Form and complete it in advance. This form will ensure that your family is in our church data base so we can have communication with you, and to ensure the quickest check-in with your children for services!
Click here for Kid's Zone Registration Form.
For the protection of all our children, please do not bring your children to class if they exhibit any of the following:
• Fever in the last 24 hours
• Vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
• Common cold (onset through one week)
• Any unexplained rash
• Cloudy or green runny nose
• Pink eye or other eye infections
• Any communicable disease
• Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, etc.