Graphic Designer - 15 hours per week
Primary Purpose: Create and produce exceptional work that sets the tone and voice for EHCF by crafting the majority of graphics for multi-media communications. The Graphic Artist will work with the Communications Director to develop series images, web graphics, and signage needs. The position involves producing regular, routine products, such as announcement slides, the monthly EH Life, and sometimes assisting with the weekly message handout, etc. This role is a support to the Communications Director, as it carries out the detail work on many of the projects developed by the Director.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the graphic design needs of the church
- Print communication (assist in designing series images, monthly newsletter, slides, brochures, bathroom flyers)
- Graphics needs of the Web (assist with website layout, create eBanners, etc.)
- Physical communication (signage, banners, etc)
- Interface with Ministries
- Volunteer management/development
Skills & Knowledge:
- Know the vision, mission and values of EHC and have the ability to clearly communicate them visually.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and maintain an excellent working relationship with volunteers who support the goals and aims of the department.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Applications.
Typical Schedule: Monday (5 hours), Tuesday (5 hours), Wednesday (5 hours)
Key Relationships: Communications Director, East Hill ministry representatives, volunteers, outside vendors
To apply for this job, email your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this position to MarKay Merrick at email@example.com. If you have any questions please email or call MarKay at 503.661.4444 ext.252.
Creative Director 40 hours per week
Primary Purpose of Position: The Creative Director’s job is to discern, create and produce the best medium for communicating/illustrating the mission & the message in the most effective way. This could be through the use of video, theatre, music, dance, etc. Video production and editing will be the leading tool for this job.
- To provide vision and direction over the creative elements and planning team for weekend worship services.
- To plan and execute video projects for the adult worship services.
- To train, equip and release volunteers in the execution of the above.
- To oversee the planning and execution of special music, dance, Christmas and Easter projects and Christmas decorating of the Auditorium/Foyer areas.
Key Responsibilities and Key Projects:
- Service Designer: Leads creative meetings that involve planning for the Sunday worship services. Job responsibilities include: (a.) Making final decisions with Speaking Pastor and Worship Pastor concerning the direction of the weekend service design (b.) Management of volunteers and/or staff regarding the execution of creative elements within a service (c.) Providing vision & direction for the creative development of the Sunday services, based on the vision, mission and values of EHCF.
- Video & Theatre Director: Leads in determining conceptual outcomes for complex video productions that achieve strategic goals for the adult worship services. Job responsibilities may include: (a.) creating original concepts and/or researching and adapting film scripts and music for live or video production (b.) creating rehearsal schedules for all projects (c.) Direct volunteers and/or staff in appropriate creative roles which could include acting, singing, dance, and support roles. (d.) Leading rehearsals for actors in various scenes, Sunday Update; Christmas and Easter productions (e.) designs lighting for video, theatre, dance and various special music projects.
- Volunteer Training & Appreciation: Trains, equips and releases volunteers through the different creative outlets EHCF uses to enhance the message. Job responsibilities may include: (a.) Training and releasing volunteers and leader in creative art areas including theatre, video, lighting, dance, special music, Sunday Updates, etc. (b) Maintain Creative Arts Facebook page. (c.) Hosting volunteer party for appreciation following Easter and Christmas projects.
- Creative Project Management: Oversees the planning and execution of dance, special music, film; Testimonies and Easter and Christmas projects & Christmas decorating of the Auditorium and Foyer areas. This may include lighting design for specials and video editing for filmed projects.
- Meeting Requirements: Meeting requirements include: (a.) Worship Arts Department Meeting (b.) Creative Meetings (c.) Service Planning Meeting (d.) EH Theatre Leaders (g.) Sunday Update Writing.
- Budget Management: Responsible for financial management of the Creative Arts Budget.
Necessary for Position:
- The ideal candidate will be a mature follower of Jesus Christ and believes & operates in the works of the Holy Spirit, be an active member of EHCF and adhere to the Foursquare Doctrine of Faith. Selected candidate is required to take “Getting Started with East Hill Church Family” at next available session.
- This successful candidate must be able to prove they have the capacity to shepherd and develop people in their gifts and in their relationship with Christ.
- It is necessary the candidate has a strong understanding of video production and some experience in theatre, dance and multimedia arts. Video and editing experience is preferred. A basic knowledge of scriptwriting, stage direction and production design is also preferred
- The candidate must be able to manage people with grace and truth. They must have the ability to coordinate large numbers of volunteers at a time and must be able to create an atmosphere of professionalism and quality. They must exhibit high volumes of time management skills and organization. They must have proven ability to give direct and clear critique to staff and volunteer artists.
- No less than 3 (three) years of proven experience in the job responsibilities as described.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associates Degree in any of the following areas: Theatre; Film; Video production recommended
To apply for this job, email your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this position to MarKay Merrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or would like a full job description please email or call MarKay at 503.661.4444 ext.252.
Team Resources & Missions Support
(20-25 hrs per week; 3-4 days per week)
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Perform a variety of complex administrative tasks and technical work in coordinating Human Resources for ongoing tasks, openings/hiring’s and end of employment. Advise TR Director/PLT on HR issues.
- Executing administrative needs for Global Outreach category including Coordination/processing, monthly support, and care of Long Term Missionary, & short term support for teams.
- Communicate effectively the vision, mission and values of EHC effectively to employees, employment candidates, missionaries, leaders, volunteers, congregation, etc.
Key Responsibilities and Key Projects:
- First point of contact in providing excellent customer service with a Spirit of Excellence for both Team Resources and Global Outreach
- Maintain all HR documents and personnel files/records including: job descriptions, employee handbook, offer letters, forms, salary roster, etc.
- Partner with Payroll to supervise all employee benefits administration including working with broker, renewals of benefits, acting as advocate for employee benefit issues, budgeting, invoice payment, open enrollment, etc.
- Coordinate and execute recruitment activities including preparing/updating job descriptions, open positions on our website, making recommendations to group leaders and supervisors for hiring, scheduling interviews and prepping interview team, leading interviews, wage recommendations, background checks and reference checks, selection and letters to all applicants, new hire paperwork, etc.
- Work with Lead Pastor and TR Director to oversee performance appraisal system (SOE), training, schedules and documenting in employee files 5%
- Responsible for consistent application of employee policies from EHC Employee Handbook, FMLA, COBRA, OFLA, Worker’s Comp, etc.
- Update Employee Handbook and oversee the licensing, continuing education and development of pastors
- To serve the MLT and Global Outreach Pastor through administrative processes that include organization of department, raise up a volunteer base, coordinate and carry out events through out the year that support Global Outreach such as Advent Conspiracy, tree lot, missions offerings and develop additional fund raisers
- Work with Communication Director to create, edit and publish Global Outreach related publications, church wide communications. Manage and implement multiple forms of communication regarding Global Outreach to Staff, the Body, Missionaries and ICFG.
- Process financial funding to LTM, monitor monthly finances for mission accounts, transfer funds as needed, check requests, etc. Schedule and coordinate volunteer events such as Mission luncheons, fund raisers (Christmas tree let), etc. Streamline processes.
- Calendar and communicate platform prayer to sending teams, monthly missionary offerings, monthly meetings, time in the States for missionaries, speaking, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Group Leader
Necessary for the Position: The ideal candidate will be a follower of Jesus Christ and believe in the works of the Holy Spirit, be an active member of EHCF and adhere to the Foursquare Doctrine of Faith. Selected candidate is required to take “Getting Started with East Hill Church Family” and become a member of East Hill Church at next available session.
To apply for this job, email your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this position to MarKay Merrick at email@example.com. If you have any questions or would like a complete copy of the job description please email or call MarKay at 503.661.4444 ext.252.